Thursday, May 3, 2012

ELC!

So, as you probably know(if you read my earlier post) our eighth grade class went up to Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center (ELC) for a week, and we had a great time! Some things that we did were rock climbing, hiking, a ropes course, and a lot of walking! It was my room's chaperon's birthday the second day we were there, so we surprised her by decorating the day room and the outside of the door! It was so cool! She really appreciated it! The ropes course was thirty feet up and had a lot of things in it like a wooden bridge, a wire with "railings", two logs, a single wire without "railings", a single log, and then you came back down to the ground on a zip line! It was so much fun! The last day I was there I went on a superior view hike where we hiked to the top of a mountain and saw Lake Superior. It was so pretty! The teachers tried to play a prank on us the last night we were there, but we found out and totally blew it! Some of my class had no idea what even happened! Including me :)! We also had a class about beavers and stream study. In beavers we walked down 200 plus stairs and looked for signs of beavers. We saw a lot of beaver trails(also called drags), a beaver lodge, and a dam. If you followed the drags you could see a lot of the wood being chewed up. It was pretty cool. In stream study we took samples of Sawmill Creek to see how much life is there. Then we started seeing what life we could find. A couple people caught some crayfish. We did lots of other stuff, but it would take me WAY too long to type it all! We had an awesome time, and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go!

Image by samueldotj


No comments:

Post a Comment